Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FAKE by Paul Cooley

This here is a rather self-indulgent experiment with an experiment. I wanted to treat the imagery as part of a cohesive publication, because I think there is a consistent mood within each image that I wanted to exploit for my interests. I chose the typefaces Arial and Times New Roman to go with the idea of a "Your so Fake" from the project brief. Arial being a completely malnourished rip-off of late 50's grotesks, mainly helvetica and Times New Roman because it is so ill suited for it's 12 pt inkjet printed high school term paper fate...due to it's history as being designed specifically for the economic mass printing demanded by newspapers.

I titled it fake...because everything in it is just that...a fake and rather dilapidated reproduction of originals.


No comments:

Post a Comment