Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Plastic Pollution Collage by Jenn Pluta

For my collage I wanted to illustrate some of the research I have found regarding the ocean and plastic pollution. Plastic makes up %80 of the trash found in the ocean.

Many people have the misconception that the plastic pollution in the ocean is literally an island made out of trash, clearly visible on the surface. However, this is not the case. The plastic in the ocean breaks down into smaller pellets of plastic which is fairly hard to see until strained out of the water.

I wanted to use this collage to show what is truly beneath the surface of the water. In this case I used the leading types of plastic pollution which are the single-use plastic products such as plastic bags, water bottles and plastic utensils.

No comments:

Post a Comment