Monday, November 29, 2010

A Bit of Writing...

Did a bit of writing for the poetry category of the senior project.  Doesn't rhyme, doesn't have a certain form.  Is it still a poem? Totally.  I typed it up, but I also wrote it in cursive in my sketchbook because my project deals with the notion of joy.  I truly enjoy writing in cursive for no reason.  It is one of my favorite things to do.





I can not figure out what could make you so unhappy in this place.  
I do not mean to preach or push.  That is not my intention here.  
I have heard it described as living by example, although that phrase seems equally pretentious.  
It is more along the lines of acting on a philosophy in the hopes of a spiritual revelation.  
Not a religious revelation.  I do not plan on you seeing God, and in fact if you do I might have failed miserably.  
I am suggesting the term spiritual in reference to the experience of an individual’s spirit, soul, or inner-self.  
Would you not feel more purposeful, motivated and content if you acted in accordance with your own desires? 
You continue on this path for security, for status, for money, for your parents, or for your alternative to the fear of failing.  
This is a call to stop wasting your life on careers and “friends” and experiences that do not lead you somewhere you want to go.  
Why live if not to love? Why press on towards death in a miserable manner? Let us say there is nothing beyond the here and now.  Why not take chances and strive for the ultimate existence? 
You are only here to discover you own ideas, opinions, and interests to amuse yourself and love those who you feel deserve it.  
And I can expect that the typical human being does not wish to deliver a negative effect on the world around them.  It is so exciting that the world’s happiness could benefit more from focusing on one’s own genuine satisfaction.  
Essentially, enjoy your days. 
Because that is what I’ll be doing.  



-OLIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment