Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Paul Cooley | "You are a Demographic"














The whole sustainability thing has really gotten to a point of annoyance for me. I am not about to say that it is not an important discussion to have in our society, but I think in recent years the commodification of the "sustainable" worldview is built on cutting corners masked as "small personal green choices". What is the real cost of these products? How sustainable are these fancy bags everyone from Trader Joes to Ralphs has been selling? What are they really doing with the profits from said bags?

Regardless, people that just want to be a part of something without really understanding or fully engaging in whatever community they are lumping themselves into should really reconsider their motives and their contributions to supposed causes, because I swear to god if I see another "Go Green" sticker on the back of ANY Automobile...I just might douse myself in gasoline and jump in the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment