Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Investigate, Gather, Assemble

The idea behind my senior project is how we explore curiosity and the "unknown". How looking closer, to the micro level can distort our perception enough to change our connotations of the subject. To explore that idea i created a zine by investigating images and seeing them through a new lens, literally. With my G11, I took photos through my grandfather's late fifties Kodak Duaflex camera, an image making process that distorts and alters the subject. I complied bits and pieces from these images into assemblages that have an appealing outcome. The main idea being that when we get lost in curiosity, we retain specific pieces of information, later to be put back together in our minds as unexplainably stimulating experiences.




Mary Smudde


No comments:

Post a Comment