Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jenn Pluta's "From Trash to Recyled Printing Material"

After a suggestion from Davy, I ironed Target plastic bags together to create a plastic paper. Then I used letter stencils and found ink to print my quote onto the plastic paper.

I chose to use plastic bags as my trash since they are one of the hardest things to recycle at recycling plants. Due to their light weight, they usually blow off of the piles of trash in the breeze and greatly contribute to the polluting of our oceans, rivers and lakes. This results in harmful effects to the environment, animal life as well as people.

I chose to photograph it in a shopping cart to reinforce what the "plastic paper" is made out of.

I chose this quote in particular because I felt it reinforced the fact that we should concern ourselves with reusing trash, especially plastic trash, rather than limited natural resources.

Let's use what we trash rather than trash what we use!

No comments:

Post a Comment