Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ji's identity (medium: writing)









Medium: writing

My thesis is about identifying myself from multiple perspectives. This time I explore my perspective of seeing myself. The pattern on the seal is the my stamp. Korean have their own personal stamps. They use fingerprint or stamps as a signature for the official docuaments. So I used stamp to seal my writing. The writing is about myself, what I like, and what I don’t like. I typeset it in very small size because I want the readers came close and read it, to explore the idea that the reader has to come close to me in order to know me. Also, I put it in the cup, and seal it because the wall of the cup represent the invisible cultural barrier.

Writing: i am ji hyun lee. i am twenty-three years old, korean girl. i am a graphic design student. i am game addict. i spend ten hours to play game during weekend. if i get the rare items, then that day is the luckiest day of the month, i am a pet lover. i have two dogs named sam and ken. they are so cute. i love to spend time with them. also, i love to listen japanese musid and watch japanese drama. i am kind of otaku person of japanese culture. i am good at making things with my hand. i do make handmade book, knit, beads, hand embroidery, cross stitch, and origami. i love to spend night with puzzle. when i started to do it, i spend three to four hours doing it. i am a paper collector. i love the feeling of the paper on my hands, and the smell of it. i have to keep everything that i need in my bag because i believe it is better to carry everything then be sorry when you don’t have it in case of emergency. i love to wear a lot of cloth because it feels warm. i hate to go out for exercising. i like to be in one spot for several hours usually. i don’t like to talk a lot. i don’t like to chat. i like to spend time alone doing something. also, i am a coffee addict. since i work at the coffee shop, i drink about four to five cups of coffee everyday. i am not fond of my long hair. i want to cut it. but my family won’t let me. one of my favorite things to do is to read the korean fantasy books, but nothing like harry potter, it’s more like world of warcraft story with elves and dwarves. i like to take photos. i would like to take photos outside, but i am too lazy for that, so usually i took photos of my two dogs.

- Ji

No comments:

Post a Comment