Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Emma's Small Talk Writing


 



My goal is to enable spontaneous, new relationships with people and to improve the quality of small talk. Site is a major factor is defining an audience and the type of conversation. This week I chose to examine small talk in the setting of a bar and at parties. I referenced the visual language of beer coasters as a way of incorporating these questions into the setting. I had my friends use these questions while we were out to test their results. All of my friends had at least one person comment that they appreciated that their small talk was not generic. Time will be the only measure as to whether these new relationships will last, but the questions I created successfully allowed the conversations to get to more interesting points quickly and created better small talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment