Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Apple Inc. Rebranding (Tiimo)

For this "honest" rebranding project, I tried digging up dirt on Apple, which proved to be really hard. In comparison to most other American corporations, Apple was pretty clean in terms of pollution, corruption, workers rights, etc.. Between the Foxconn suicides and planned obsoleteness, there wasn't much muck to be raked.

I do though have my own personal beefs with some of the decisions Apple has made in recent years to dumb their products down. Their focus has shifted entirely towards media, gadgets/toys, and apps, rather than powerful computers/servers and the operating system. In the end I can't really complain because they're still light years ahead of Windows and Linux (in my opinion)... what I'm saying with the new logo is that there's not much left for me to be excited about.







-Tiimo

No comments:

Post a Comment